Paper Christmas Trees

8:56:00 PM

When I shared with you my Christmas Mantel, I shared that I had high hopes to fill these empty galvanized buckets.



And here I am, almost to Christmas, finally sharing those Christmas trees! This project doesn't take a super long time, but it does take focus, something I didn't have the week all my kids were sick...and then the following week while I fought off the same bug.

But here is my tutorial. I took a lovely paper tree template from Ninuska. I opened the file in photoshop. If you don't have photoshop, most other image editing programs that can change size and


I liked the look, but I wanted a tree that was taller and thinner. So I went to image size and unclicked constrain proportions. Then I kept the width and stretched out the height until I found a proportion I liked.


I printed out 4 copies and then found my handy x-acto blades. And every chance I had I cut out all the trees.

I thought about using my sewing machine to stitch it together, but instead I stitched it together by hand....instead of a whole line, I basically just tacked it top, bottom, and center.


And then I stood them up! That's it.




I love  this look! The only thing is, it does blow over when the heat cuts on....enjoy!



You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Just gorgeous!!! Great work - your mantel is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Thank you for sharing this to my link-up! :)

    Merry Christmas, Blogger-Style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Makes me want a mantle so bad!

    Hope your family has a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look great!!! thanks for the tutorial!!!

    Merry Christmas, Blogger-Style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks like a lot of work to cut those all out, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just soo pretty...so meticulous and beautiful...xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I know that took a lot of time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are absolutely gorgeous and unique! Fantastic tutorial!

    Merry Christmas, Blogger Style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure seems like a LOT of X-acto knifing, but it sure was worth it! The trees turned out beautifully!
    Blythe - Desperate Craftwives

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the scroll/lacey effect. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Sharing on Facebook tomorrow afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! I can't believe you cut it all by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so pretty! You did an amazing job. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just so pretty! I give you kudos for having the patience to cut them out! I made some too but I traced the image and cut them out with my Cricut.

    Thank you for the tutorial. Have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just bought a Cricut - and am very NEW at it. Can you plz give me some directions on how to cut this Christmas tree out on it??? Im just learning how to use it so if it is complicated - - Ill try to cut it out by hand. Thanks so much. Susan
      suvabe@cox.net

      Delete
  14. They are absolutely gorgeous. Love how you used white paper - makes it feel like it's snowed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Rachel! and the perfect additions to your mantel! Thank you for sharing the template location!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is a ton of work cutting those out with an xacto blade but they turned out beautiful!!

    Loved seeing this at the special link party supporting Sandy Hook last week. Hope you'll come to The Humble Brag link party today to see some features from last week and link up some more cool projects. Happy Friday!

    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-13/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. This post was a fan favorite (and one of my favorites) at One Creative Weekend on OneCreativeMommy.com. Please stop by later today to grab a featured button and check out the other features. I hope you'll link up again tonight!

    ReplyDelete